ეს უბედური ესა,მათხოვარი

Totti: Beat Man Utd for Ballon d'Or
Sunday 2 September, 2007
Francesco Totti leaves the door open for the 2010 World Cup, the Ballon d’Or and a Champions League dream. “This time I want to beat Manchester United 7-0.”
The Roma captain may still have a metal plaque in his fractured ankle, but arguably just had the best season of his career with 26 Serie A goals.
The Capocannoniere outscored everyone in the major European Leagues and therefore will be presented with the Golden Shoe award ahead of today’s match with Siena at the Stadio Olimpico. It’s still a long way off the prize he really wants – the Ballon d’Or.
“I think Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ruud van Nistelrooy are the favourites. To be honest, I still haven’t fully understood the criteria of selection for this trophy,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’
“I now have both silverware and consistent performances on my side. If I get a good start in the Champions League, all the data might come together…”
Always ignored by the France Football selection panel, Er Pupone may lose marks because of his retirement from international duty.
Yet that drawn-out saga is not necessarily over yet. When asked if he would consider returning to the Italy squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa if they were having problems, he was cagey.
“It would be a wonderful experience. I answer maybe…”
In the meantime, Totti has other fish to fry, most notably revenge for the 7-1 humiliation at Old Trafford in last year’s Champions League quarter-finals.
It is also a fiery fixture as the English media have renewed accusations at the Italian police’s treatment of fans in Rome.
“This time I want to win, but with a 7-0 scoreline,” he smiled. “The tabloids treat their return to the Olimpico as a journey into Hell? Let’s forget about them, the tabloids only write these things to sell more papers.”
Back in the peninsula, Roma have had a strong start to the Scudetto race with a 2-0 victory away to Palermo and more importantly a morale-boosting 1-0 Italian Super Cup win over holders Inter.
“There is no point denying it, we are among the four sides that can win the title,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ in an exclusive interview.
“We are a great squad, but it is best that the city doesn’t get too ahead of itself, as in Rome you fly from incredible excitement to depression.”
Inter boss Roberto Mancini praised the Giallorossi this week, stating they played wonderful football, but also pointing out they ended 22 points behind in Serie A last term.
“That is true, but he had 40 players to choose from, while we almost always had the same XI plus some youth team products.”
That has improved over the summer with the introduction of Ludovic Giuly, Juan, Cicinho, Mauro Esposito and Marco Andreolli. What changed in Roma’s transfer power?
“Luciano Moggi isn’t around anymore and suddenly we can get hold of important players. I’d like to think it was a coincidence…” he said of the disgraced former Juventus director general.
“After Lazio, I do have to say the side I most enjoy beating is Juve. They have built a good team this year and are aiming high.”
The in-depth interview concluded with the children’s game ‘Who would you throw from the tower?’
“Between Carlo Ancelotti, Claudio Ranieri and Roberto Mancini? I save Ancelotti. Between Moggi and Franco Carraro? I throw both of them off the tower! Between Pavel Nedved and Paolo Di Canio? Both can go.
“Zdenek Zeman and Luciano Spalletti? That’s a tough one, I save both. Marco Materazzi and Fabio Cannavaro? I keep Materazzi.
“When I retire from football, I will probably write an autobiography. I could have quite a few things to get off my chest…”
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day." -Frank Sinatra
---
ყველაფერი მარტივია... ცხოვრება მშვენიერია
---
ეს საინტერესოა:
http://1myway1.wordpress.com/
---
Modigliani