Manchester United Still In Frame As Lyon Deny Deal Done With Real Madrid For Karim Benzema
There is no deal in place for Karim Benzema to join Real Madrid...
Jul 1, 2009 7:48:03 AM
Olympique Lyonnais have dismissed reports in Spain that they have struck a deal for Karim Benzema to join Real Madrid for €35 million and stated that the bid they do have is worth far more.
AS and Marca, along with several other media outlets, declared that an agreement was in place and that the 21-year-old striker would become Los Merengues' fourth major capture of the summer.
But Lyon have denied that any such accord has been made and reiterated that while they have received offers, they have not accepted anything and have yet to speak to Benzema.
"We have received an offer of substantially more than the quantity that has been reported," the Ligue 1 club's director of communications, Olivier Blanc, told L'Equipe.
"But nobody has ever said that it came from Real Madrid. There has been no agreement made with anyone."
Manchester United are also said to be in the race and Blanc's revelations could indicate that it is in fact the Red Devils that have made the substantially larger offer for the player.
Madrid are keen on Benzema, but the early reports that a deal had been struck do appear to be wide of the mark as Lyon could well remain patient to ensure that they receive the best possible price.
The player himself has also previously stated that he wants to remain with his hometown club for one more season, leading up to the World Cup Finals next summer.
Lucas Brown, Goal.com
http://goal.com/en-us/news/465/france/2009...-deal-done-withამათ შიგ ხომ არ აქვთ
...........................................
Dsmebo შემთხვევით პრემიერ ლიგის ფონტი ხომ არ გაქვთ ვინმეს?

ფორმებზე რა ფონტითაც აწერია გვარები...
რომ ჩამოვა დაგაპიპინებინებთ

This post has been edited by Marduka on 1 Jul 2009, 17:24